Amanda Lopez on Identity - Part 1
Amanda Lopez is my childhood friend who just became a licensed substance abuse counselor and social worker! I am so proud of her. Thinking about the concept of identity she came to my mind because I have seen her don many different identities (as we all have) that have lead her to where she is today. She is also someone who I can always have great convos with around personal growth and development. She's an explorer - like me!
TRIGGER WARNING: there is a good amount of talk about substance abuse and addiction so if this is something that might trigger you, please refrain from listening.
In this episode we talk about:
- The various identities she's found herself in
- Finding the identities that feel like "home"
- How those identities aided in directing her to where she is today
- Amanda's clubbing days
- How her ex boyfriend with a heroin problem helped her decide to become a substance abuse counselor
- How adversity brings your strengths to the surfaces and leaves them there for you to utilize
Get in touch with Amanda via her Instagram. She is a Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor and has a Master's in Social Work.
Thank you for supporting! Please make sure to listen to part two as well! Don't forget to rate us 5 stars, like this episode, and tell your friends about us! Also, follow me on IG @AUDACIOUSFOUNDER